Yields 4 appetizer-sized servings
Prep time: 35 minutes
- 4 rounds Laura Chenel’s Spicy Cabecou, plus 3 tablespoons of the packing oil
- 6 ounces raw sushi-grade ahi tuna, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 cup 1/4-inch diced cucumber
- 1 small avocado cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Sea salt
- 1/2 small jalapeño, very thinly sliced
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- Taro chips, for serving (optional)
- Soy sauce, for serving (optional)
- Chili oil, for serving (optional)
- Arrange the Cabecou rounds on plates. Ideally using a ring mold, top with the ahi, cucumber, and avocado, adding a sprinkle of salt between each layer. Arrange a few slices of jalapeño on top, drizzle with the Cabecou oil, and garnish with the cilantro. Serve the chips, if using, on the side and the soy sauce and chili oil, if using, at the table.
To give this dish a Latin spin, instead of taro chips, soy sauce, and chili oil, serve it with tortilla chips, lime wedges, and hot sauce.