- 8 oz (225 g) penne pasta, cooked to al dente according to the package directions
- 4 slices bacon (add 2 tablespoons avocado oil if using turkey bacon), chopped
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed well
- 1 cup (100 g) button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 small or 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 (3.5 oz) Laura Chenel’s Original Premium Goat Cheese Medallion, crumbled
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Add the bacon to a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook until crisp, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil, leaving the drippings in the pan.
- Add the leeks and mushrooms to the pan the bacon was cooked in and cook over medium-high heat until the vegetables are softened and just starting to turn golden brown in spots, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the bell pepper and garlic and cook over medium-high 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine, salt, black pepper, and al dente pasta. Turn the heat up to high and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the pasta salad to a serving dish and top with the crumbled goat cheese, crisped bacon, and fresh parsley.