Recipe by Faith Gorsky, www.AnEdibleMosaic.com
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
- ½ cup (60 g) whole dried cranberries
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1 (5 oz/142 g) wheel of Laura Chenel’s Goat Brie
- Crackers or sliced baguette, for serving
- For the topping, add the cranberries, water, wine, honey, and allspice to a small pot. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down and simmer until the liquid is reduced by about ⅔, about 6 to 10 minutes. Turn the heat off, cover the pot, and let the cranberries steep for 15 minutes. After steeping, bring the cranberries back up to a boil and cook until the liquid is syrupy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the walnuts and rosemary.
- For the brie, preheat the oven to 350F. Once the oven is preheated, unwrap the brie and place it onto an oven-safe baking dish. Bake 12 minutes.
- Serve the brie warm with the cranberry mixture spooned on top along with bread or crackers.