Sweet and spicy notes from pimento peppers make an excellent companion to the fresh tang of the garlic and goat cheese. Choose any combination of ripe tomatoes and garden-fresh veggies to top this flatbread, and serve with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or fruity Rosé for a delicious and easy-to-make summer pairing.
- ½ Laura Chenel's Pimento & Garlic Log
- ½ package fresh pizza dough or pre-made flatbread
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
- Fresh vegetables of your choice for topping
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Roll out pizza dough to desired shape. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper. Grill for 5-7 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and cooked through.
- While dough is still warm, spread Pimento & Garlic Log on flatbread. Top with fresh vegetables and herbs, such as heirloom tomatoes, scallions, red and green peppers, basil, and micro-greens.
- Drizzle with remaining olive oil, and serve warm.