Savory Laura Chenel's Chèvre Pops
Fresh Chèvre is a perfect background for many savory flavors. It is intriguing to try these pops on their own but they can also be a fun component to incorporate into pairings. Beer, wine and cider all seem to go very well with a variety of savory chèvre flavors.
Makes 16 - ½ ounce pops.
- 8 ounces Laura Chenel’s fresh Chèvre (Chef’s Chèvre or Chabis)
- Coating ingredients of your choice*
- Using a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop**, portion the chèvre and drop onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the chèvre portions for 15 minutes. Place coating ingredients into small shallow bowls or pie plates.
- Remove the sheet pan from the refrigerator and roll each portion into balls. Place the balls into the coating ingredients and roll around until they are evenly covered. Plastic food service gloves are recommended to help with rolling the chèvre.
- Remove the chèvre balls from the coating and place into small paper candy cups. Gently insert a lollypop stick into each ball, if desired.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan
Laura Chenel’s and Marin French Cheese, 2015
* Snipped chives, chopped rosemary, parsley, cilantro, lemon, lime or orange zest, smoked paprika, curry powder, sesame seeds or poppy seeds will all make great coatings.
** A 1 tablespoon cookie scoop will be marked as #70. They are available at cookware stores in different sizes. You can vary the size of your chèvre pops by changing the scoop number.