This is a delicious and easy recipe! Fresh corn and tomatoes are wonderful in season but frozen corn and canned tomatoes work well too. I have a friend from Texas who likes to add canned chilies to the dish!
A tasty rotisserie chicken works perfectly.
Serves 6 as main course
8 oz Laura Chenel’s fresh chèvre (Original Log, Chabis or Chef’s Chèvre), divided
2 oz Laura Chenel’s Tome or other hard grating cheese
2 cups cream
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1 or 2 cloves garlic, smashed
12 ounces shell pasta (or other shape of your choice)
1½ cups cooked chicken, cut into ¼ inch chunks or shredded
1½ cups peeled and diced tomatoes
1½ cups corn (fresh and cut off the cob or frozen)
Salt and black pepper
Minced chives or chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium sauce pan, add the rosemary sprig and smashed garlic cloves to the cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer until the cream has been reduced by one half. Remove the rosemary and garlic and discard.
- Whisk 6 ounces of the fresh goat cheese into the cream until melted. Add salt and black pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain but do not rinse the pasta. Pour the pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cream mixture, chicken, tomatoes and corn to the pasta. Stir until well combined. Pour pasta mixture into a baking dish. Crumble the remaining 2 ounces of fresh goat chhese on top of the pasta and the 2 ounces of grated Tome.
- Bake until warm and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Garnish with chopped herbs before serving if desired.