Our Summer Fig Log is fresh and delicious. Paired with basil and fresh figs in season, this is a perfect summer bite.
Makes 10-12 appetizers.
- 1-5.4 ounce log Laura Chenel’s Summer Fig Log
- 5-6 fresh ripe figs
- 5-6 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. Depending on the size of the fresh figs, slice each in half or into quarters. Slice the basil leaves into ½-inch wide ribbons.
2. Place a slice of fresh fig onto each basil leaf ribbon. Top with 1 tablespoon of Summer Fig Log and fold the basil leaf over the top of the fresh goat cheese.
3. Drizzle each appetizer with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
4. The appetizers can be garnished with smoked paprika, cracked black pepper or chili flakes if desired.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan
Laura Chenel’s and Marin French Cheese, 2015